The name Hobatere means, “Find me” and once you do, you will enjoy a warm welcome and personalized service. Hobatere Lodge is located 80 km north of Kamanjab on the western border of the Etosha National park, situated in a concession area of 32 000 ha which is home to a wide selection of game including Lions, Oryx, Eland, Kudu, Giraffe, Hartmann’s mountain zebra and Elephants.
Our activities give our guests ample opportunity to spot game, including game drives and night drives, bird watching and guided walks. We also have a hide overlooking a nearby waterhole and a sundeck with a view of a waterhole, which is floodlit for part of the night.
As well as the accommodation at the lodge, consisting of 14 thatched rooms and bungalows nestled between large Mopane trees, a rustic tree house situated a short distance away offers accommodation for the more daring. It is in a dry riverbed and overlooks a waterhole. Overnight here for a sense of real adventure and in the morning be collected for hearty breakfast at the lodge.
Enjoy an unsurpassed big game experience in absolute comfort at Hobatere Lodge.
Make an Enquiry or Booking
At a Glance
- Located on the western border of the Etosha National Park situated in a concession area of 32 000 ha which is
home to a wide selection of game.
- As well as the lodge accommodation, Hobatere Lodge also has a treehouse which is a short way away from the
lodge itself, which is in a dry riverbed and also overlooks a waterhole.
- Etosha is famed for its diversity of wildlife and Hobatere is primarily a big game experience – morning game
drives, night drives, hides and decks overlooking waterholes etc
- Game in the area includes Lions, Oryx, Eland, Kudu, Giraffe, Hartmann’s mountain zebra and Elephants
- The lodge has a hide overlooking a waterhole as well as a sundeck overlooking a waterhole which is also
floodlit at night until approximately 22H00 for optimal game viewing
- 3 thatched double rooms next to each other with a double bed
- 3 thatched double rooms next to each other with a double and a single bed
- 6 thatched alone standing twin bungalows
- 2 thatched single rooms next to each other that can be used either for single guests or tour guides
- All with en-suite bathrooms with a shower
- All have mosquito netting
- 220 volt AC electricity is supplied by generator, with standard South African three-point plugs in each chalet
- Daily laundry service is available for a small fee, as it is run by a community based business
A rustic tree house situated away from the Lodge offers accommodation for the more adventurous. It overlooks a
waterhole and consists of two beds as well as a table and two chairs. There are no shower facilities at the tree
house and guests are provided with a chemical toilet and a hand washbasin. Shower facilities will be provided for
guests at the Lodge. Tree house guests have the choice of either having a dinner pack taken along to the tree
house, or having Dinner at the Lodge. This must be booked in advance with the lodge. Guests will be collected
from the tree house in the morning, at a time discussed with them, for breakfast.
- Swimming pool
- Verandah and Boma area where meals are served
- Indoor garden with a small terrarium
- Comfortable lounge with a small library
- Curio Shop
Activities & vehicles
- An Afternoon Game Drive on a part of the 32 000 ha concession area with a wide variety of game to be seen
- Night Drives are offered after Dinner each night giving guests the opportunity to observe nocturnal animals
- Bird watching and guided walks are offered on request in the mornings before breakfast
- A hide overlooking a waterhole nearby the Lodge where guests can sit and observe animals throughout the day
- A game viewing deck with a view point over a waterhole which is also floodlit at night until approximately
Make an Enquiry or Booking
• Children 12 years and older welcome
• Susuwe Island Lodge is not equipped for wheelchairs
The electricity is generator supplied, and runs on 220Volt AC with standard South African three-point plugs in
A torch is provided for use when the generator is switched off during the night.